Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our Trip Up North

Last week I was having a rough time with the boys while Scott was at work.  Scott came Saturday (after I had called him like 10 times frustrated with the boys, yes even the 6 week old).  He said that we should just go up to Salt Lake.  I was ecstatic.  I love the idea.  Scott got online and rented a room at the Red Lion in downtown SLC.  It was great because our 3rd night was free.  So it averaged about $60 a night.  We packed up the boys and started to drive up.  We didn't tell anyone that we were coming.  We got up to SLC about 11:30 Saturday night and we soon crashed.  Sunday we headed out to Cedar Fort to surprise my mom and visit with her.  We usually stay with her.  She loved having us visit for a while.  We headed back up to SLC and tried to swim, but I guess we are too accustomed to St. George weather or their pool was really cold.  We made our way to the Salt Lake Temple and enjoyed the beauty there.  It was so peaceful.  It sure was crowded for a Sunday though.  I didn't think it would have been that crowded. Monday was great as we had a day filled with fun.  We went to visit my grandma and introduce her to Tyler.  She of course loved him.  After that we headed to Snoasis, which my cousin swore was the best snow cone EVER.  I had to test this out and sure enough it was very good.  The texture of the snow was perfect.  It wasn't hard, but wasn't extreme slush either.  We waited for like 20 minutes for a blasted snow cone, but it was worth it.  We then met up with my dad at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi to walk around the gardens.  My dad works there, so he got us in for free.  Because it was so hot and we had a two year old we decided to pay the $25 dollars and rent a golf cart.  Wow, that was great!  Trevor loved riding in it and we didn't have to chase him around.  Also, it was so hot that we weren't sweltering either!  We were planning on going to the Children's Discovery Gardens, but we were pooped, so we skipped that and headed to my dad's.  Trevor was given his first Harley ride, which he loved and that really made my dad's day.  Trevor asked to go again.  My dad and his wife also offered to watch Trevor while Scott and I went and enjoyed dinner by ourselves.  And we did!  We went to Rodizzo's Grill and it was so good, but very expensive.  We didn't get back to the hotel until late and Trevor was wiped out pretty quick.  Tuesday we woke up and took our time getting back to St. George.  It was a great weekend and I definitely feel relaxed after spending time with my boys. 

Trevor talking to my mom  Trevor's going to take after Grandpa!
Trevor did not want to wake up
This is Tyler's pouty face.  I LOVE IT! (Is it bad to like a face like this?)
 But we did get our first smile while we were there!
Trevor admiring our view of the parking lot!
Thanks Scott once again for being an amazing husband and knowing just what I need!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sarah sometimes you have to get away. I am glad you had a great time. Your boys are so cute. I am glad you are doing well.