Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Countdown chart


I made Trevor a countdown for the day we leave for Disneyland.  I found this one online and made a copy of it.   I am so proud of it.  I messed up a little on the I in Disney.  I made the 8x8 calendar using a template in Microsoft Word and downloaded a free Disney font to make the number and letters.  I then printed it at about on printed paper.  I made the border by just gluing the calendar on white cardstock, then on black.  Everything else was made using the Cricut Mickey and Friend cartridges.  I had to use Design Studio to make the Mickey heads small enough to fit on each of the dates.

Trevor absolutely loves this.  It is now becoming a reality to him that he gets to go to "Mickey's House.  Every day, several times a day, he tries to put heads on.  I had the heads sitting on his dresser and he tried to tape several heads on. I had to stop him and he wasn't happy.  He won't let us forget that we need to "countdown to Mickey's house."  We are now only 26 days away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great! You did a nice job on it. I hope you guys have a fun time at Disneyland!

Christina said...

Hi! I am finally catching up and wish I wrote back to you sooner! I love your countdown calendar and I'm happy to know that mine was the inspiration! I believe you are my very first "scraplift"! haha! Your vacation is getting so close, have a great time!